One key aspect of living a life less cluttered is to create an environment full of positivity and productivity. Research has shown that a cluttered space has negative effects on your brain, stress level, creativity and energy. On the other hand, an organized space increases work productivity. Here at TideeBox, we’ve outlined our 6 keys to thinking more clearly, feeling more energized and increasing your ability to focus.
So whether, it’s your first time reading Tidee Life or you’re an avid subscriber of TideeBox, these steps will always come in handy:
1. Take inventory of areas that are cluttered. Remove all the items and consider each item. Purge things that you do not absolutely need or genuinely cherish. Consider donating items that are still in good condition.
2. Do one room or one space at a time.
3. Organize drawers. Give every item a specific place. This step will make things easier to find and more likely to be put back.
4. Do not leave clothes, shoes or papers scattered about. Put things in their identified place the first time and you won’t waste time searching for items later.
5. Before you go to bed, take five minutes to tidy up. Doing a little each day makes cleaning and organizing less of a hassle and is an effective way to de-stress before bed.
6. You should plan time to work on specific areas when you expect de-cluttering those spaces to take longer than a few hours, such as a basement or a garage.
See, it’s easy as 1-2-3! To put these tips to good use, check out our TideeBox Kits